Validation & Accreditation
We are pleased to have reconnected with Middlesex University, our Validating University since October 2011, following a successful relationship validating our original Degree programme back in 1996.
London Studio Centre is accredited by The Council for Dance Education and Training (CDET) and is listed as one of CDET’s Accredited Schools. CDET ensures the provision of high quality professional dance and musical theatre training through Accreditation of full-time dance and performing arts schools, and has provided the industry benchmark of quality assurance for professional dance and musical theatre training in the UK since 1979.
London Studio Centre has undergone a review for educational oversight by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) in 2017 and has received its final report, which is available in full here along with previous years reports.
We have received the following judgements from QAA about the standards and quality:
- The maintenance of the academic standards of awards offered on behalf of degree-awarding bodies and/or other awarding organisations meets UK expectations.
- The quality of student learning opportunities is commended.
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
London Studio Centre applied for the Teaching Excellence Framework (Year Two), gaining a Silver Award in June 2017 for one year. The Government scheme aim is to recognise and reward excellence in teaching and learning, and help inform prospective students’ choices for higher education. The TEF Panel reviewed LSC’s metrics (these include the National Student Survey, Destination of Leavers of HE survey and Higher Education Statistics Agency information) and submission in relation to the TEF criteria and its judgement reflects in particular additional evidence of:
- an intensive and effective approach to learning and teaching that ensures that students are consistently stretched and motivated
- extensive performance opportunities and close working with industry professionals facilitating progression into employment
- an institutional approach to developing physical resources, which are used frequently by students to aid and enhance learning and student impact on learning.
Overall, the TEF Panel judged that the higher education provider delivers high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It consistently exceeds rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education. With the combination of evidence in the provider metrics and the provider submission best fits the descriptor for a Silver Award.