If overseas applicants can come to London for an audition then the normal application procedure will apply. If attendance at a London or overseas audition is difficult, an applicant may send a DVD or video in lieu of attending an audition along with a fully completed application form. Details are as follows:
BA (Hons) Theatre Dance
- Start with a still shot, standing facing the camera in 1st position, arms in bras bas. Then degage to 2nd position a terre, arms to 2nd position, hold for a moment, then close back to 1st position and repeat with the other leg.
- Give a selection of centre work showing double pirouettes; a short adage including first arabesque de cote; and a selection of petit and grande allegro.
- If you have selected classical ballet in your application please also demonstrate some simple pointe work exercises in the centre.
- A combination to include some travelling steps and jumps to demonstrate movement vocabulary.
- A jazz solo, which must include kicks and jazz pirouettes and shows musical interpretation and performance.
- If you have selected music theatre on your application please perform a song of your choice, preferably with piano accompaniment.
Please give a brief statement to the camera about previous training and experience, including why you would like to train at London Studio Centre and why you think the course would be right for you.
Please note; the DVD must include all dance elements. Incomplete DVD’s will not be considered. As an alternative, YouTube links can be accepted as long as they are clear and of good quality.
Total running time: 30 minutes maximum
All videos must be received by 31st January of the year of entry.