BA (Hons) Professional Performance (top-up)
Applications to study at our leading conservatoire, delivering world-class education and training in theatre dance and music theatre, on this one-year top-up course are now open.
This one-year top-up programme, following on from London Studio Centre’s Foundation Degree in Professional Dance Performance or by direct entry, provides an in-depth development of specialist skills in classical ballet, contemporary dance, jazz dance or music theatre. Intensive tuition by renowned industry professionals through workshops, masterclasses and R&D sessions enables students to develop their own independent professional practice as performers. Students have frequent opportunities to perform, from informal, in-house presentations of work to full evening performances at major London venues and elsewhere across the UK. A strong focus on employability equips students with the required knowledge and skills to take advantage of employment opportunities in the performing arts industry. Research in creative practice, contextual studies or dance science/psychology further enhances performance practice.
Students can enrol onto one of these four specialist top-up programmes:
- BA (Hons) Professional Performance: Classical Ballet (top-up)
- BA (Hons) Professional Performance: Contemporary Dance (top-up)
- BA (Hons) Professional Performance: Jazz Dance (top-up)
- BA (Hons) Professional Performance: Music Theatre (top-up)
These programmes are subject to approval by the University of Bedfordshire. Please click here for further information about the Foundation Degree in Professional Dance Performance.
- Versatile, high-quality professional training in ballet, contemporary dance, jazz dance or music theatre
- Extensive performance opportunities built into the curriculum to strengthen employability in the performing arts industry
- Specialist teaching faculty with wide-ranging and current industry experience
Applicants are normally expected to have:
- current dance experience to a standard equivalent to Level 5 achieved through study on London Studio Centre’s Foundation Degree in Professional Dance Performance or demonstrated at audition.
- successful auditionees must demonstrate the potential and physical aptitude to benefit from professional dance and music theatre training. Their level of health and fitness necessary to study intensively will be confirmed at a physical examination by a specialist physiotherapist.
We are unable to accept applications for deferred entry, or defer offers for this programme as applicants must retain a high level of fitness prior to enrolment.
IELTS score: IELTS overall score of 6.0 with 5.5 in each element. International applications will be assessed using UKBA AND University of Bedfordshire policy, check English language requirements at: www.beds.ac.uk/english-language
The programme prepares you for diverse careers in the performing arts. Recent graduates from London Studio Centre are working successfully in a wide range of professional dance companies, while others have appeared in leading roles in musicals in the West End and elsewhere. Other graduates are pursuing careers in acting, producing, directing, choreographing, writing, teaching and management in the UK and overseas, with a range of dance companies and performing arts organisations.
Did you know?
Students join one of LSC’s four performing companies (Images Ballet Company, Intoto Dance, The Jazz Dance Company or Seedtime Musical Theatre Company), working with industry professionals to create a full-length production that is performed at major London venues and elsewhere across the UK.
An intensive timetable is designed to fulfil the student's professional aspirations. More details will be announced soon.